Practice Charter Standards
These are local standards set within this practice for the benefit of our patients. It is our job to give you treatment and advice. Following discussion with you, you will receive the most appropriate care, given by suitably qualified people. No care or treatment will be given without your informed consent. In the interest of your health it is important to understand all the information given to you. Please ask us questions if you are unsure of anything.
Our Responsibility To You:
- The team at Pinehill Surgery are committed to delivering a high level of service to meet the needs of the practice population.
- The practice runs an appointment system. When you ring for an appointment, you will be given a time at which the doctor or nurse aims to be able to see you. Should there be a delay due to a medical emergency, you will be advised.
- You will have access to a doctor rapidly in case of emergency.
- A home visit will be arranged as appropriate for those who are too ill to be brought to the surgery.
- Patients will be treated as individuals and partners in their healthcare, irrespective of their ethnic origin or religious and cultural beliefs.
- We will give you full information about the services we offer. Every effort will be made to ensure that you receive the information which directly affects your health and the care being offered.
- The practice will offer patients advice and information on: Steps they can take to promote good health and avoid illness: Self-help which can be undertaken without reference to a doctor in the case of minor ailments.
- You can have the right to see your health records, subject to limitations in the law. (Charges apply to copies of records) These will be kept confidential at all times.
- The doctors reserve the right to accept or remove any patients from the practice list.
Your Responsibility To Us - Help us to help you!
- Please let us know if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- To ensure waiting times for appointments are kept to a minimum, please ensure you are on time for your appointment.
- Should you no longer require your appointment, please inform us as soon as possible as there are other patients who may require it.
- Please request for home visits by the doctor only when the person is too ill to visit the surgery.
- Please keep your phone call brief and avoid calling during the peak morning times for non-urgent matters. This will assist in cutting down queuing times on the system.
- We ask that you treat the doctors and practice staff with courtesy and respect.
- Please read our Practice Booklet. This will help you to get the best out of the services we offer. It is important that you understand the information given to you. Please ask us questions if you are unsure.
- Remember, you are responsible for your own health and the health of your children. We will give you our professional help and advice. Please act upon it.
- Please ask if you wish to see your doctor.